Sunday, April 7, 2019

Outlook on Christianity In The D.R : Introduction




 |Outlook on Christianity in the D.R
As someone who grew up in the south, I was surrounded by Christians my whole life. Being in the “bible belt” I was exposed to a specific way to be Christian. What I witnessed was a consistent way of practicing throughout the south and it impressed an idea of what i thought the whole world thought Christianity was. As my horizons broaden and I became exposed to Christianity in other ways and in other places, I learned there are many different types Christians. Each Christian holds their own values and beliefs, it does not make them necessarily right or wrong. As a Christian, it is important to learn about other Christians’ theology. I have acquired the knowledge that religion can be vital in the development in a nation, yet Christianity varies depending on location,culture, and people. Although in the Dominican Republic there are many Christians with divergent beliefs, Christianity in the Dominican Republic has played a role in the diversity, liveliness, family, and all around culture of the nation. From Christianity making up the majority of the population, to incorporating their African Heritage, and participating in the corruption of the community; Christians in the Dominican Republic are an educational topic of influential.
Image result for church in dominican rep
This is a church in the Dominican Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outlook on Christianity In The D.R : Introduction

 | Outlook on Christianity in the D.R As someone who grew up in the south, I was surrounded by Christians my whole life. Being in th...